Thursday, February 28, 2013

Paint Colors

     We picked out our paint colors and they should be starting to paint the new house tomorrow! I am really bad at picking at paint colors and trying to visualize if a whole room would look good a certain color.  Since I am not that experienced in picking paint colors out I decided to look to other blogs for inspiration!  I LOVE the blog Honey We're Home!  You HAVE to go check it out! Megan's home is beautiful and I really like the paint colors.  I was really curious what colors they were and I found where she listed them under FAQ's on her blog. Our builder had to told us to pick out colors from Sherwin Williams. Ironically, Sherwin Williams paint is what she used as well. She had pictures of all the rooms in her house so I was able to actually see what the colors looked like on the walls which really helped me!  So we decided to use most of the same colors! :) BIG thanks to Megan for sharing her home on her blog, her home was the inspiration for our choices and really helped make the decision making process so much easier for us! 

     As for the Theater room my mom actually picked out the color!  My husband and I both really liked it and it should go pretty well with our leopard carpet we are going to have in there!  It has the same undertones in the carpet. I'm super excited about this carpet! :)  Not sure if Steve is that excited about the leopard carpet but I thought it was really sweet he went along with my choice! 

     Here are the colors we decided on! I think they will all flow nicely!

Top Right Agreeable Grey SW7029; Top Left Accessible Beige SW7036;
Bottom Right Anew Grey SW7020; Bottom Left Mink SW6004

     We are going to do the Master and Master Bathroom in Anew Grey, the Study in Accessible Beige, the Theater room in Mink, and all other rooms will be in Agreeable Grey.  I really wanted to paint the nursery a fun color but since we do not know what we are having yet, we are going to wait! Don't forget to go check out Megan's blog if you haven't already! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Really nice colours! And thanks for the link...Megan's home is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete